2012年12月7日星期五

Beijing: Miyun Reservoir

Miyun Reservoir is located 13 kilometers north of Miyun County, northeast of Beijing. Lying in Yanshan ranges and stretches across Chaohe River and Baihe River, it is the largest reservoir in Beijing. Being the largest man-made lake in Asia, Miyun Reservoir has been the main water source for industrial use and enjoys a reputation of “the Pearl of Yanshan Mountain”. The average temperature in the reservoir is 3℃ lower than that in downtown Beijing, therefore it is also a famous summer resort.
Built from September in 1958 to September in 1960, the main buildings are the main dam of Baihe(66-meter high and 960.2-meter long), the main dam of Chaohe(56-meter high and 1,100-merer long), the 5 auxiliary dams, 2 water-conveyance tunnels, 3 big Spillway Holes, 2 power stations, 1 conditioning tanks and 1 Jing-Mi water diversion canal, totally covering a water area of 137,000 mu(about 91,332,420 square meters).
Being one of the famous scenic spots in north Beijing, Miyun Reservoir has attracted numerous visitors from the surrounding areas. Last time I join a Beijing Xian one day tour, I went there by myself in a free day. It was winter, I took some photos of sunset. It’s really stunning! It really leaves my a deep impression. And after that, I took a flight to continue my Xian tour.

没有评论:

发表评论